Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book on the Nook!

Picture this, if you will:
It's Christmas morning, 8am.  I have a cup of hot cocoa in hand and my sister and I have passed out all the presents to their designated owners.  Just one month earlier I had given my list out and it was mostly make-up items, a scarf, some gloves, and a few gift cards.  I was so excited for the gift opening that was about to ensue.  My hubby and I had gotten my sister new car speakers and she had no idea - I couldn't wait to see her face!  We had gotten my mom a gift card to her favorite spa for a facial and we'd collaborated with my sister and got my dad a new car stereo.  No one had a clue what we'd gotten them and that makes the face of the gift opener that much more special.  


My sister had the best reaction of everyone... it was sheer surprise, jaw to the floor, wide eyed.  She had absolutely no idea and was so grateful to have the new speakers!  But she knew what I was getting and insisted I open a long rectangular package first.  I opened it up and inside was a NOOK!  I had to think about it for a second because it was not something I had asked for and was not expecting it.  Below are pics from Christmas morn and me reading my Nook.  I absolutely love it!


For those of you that aren't familiar, it's an electronic reader.  It's about the width of my iPhone and it's about as big as a larger greeting card.  There were a few book options already loaded in and it's Wifi ready so you can purchase other books directly to the Nook.  It took me a few times to get used to all the settings and options, but it's a really great gift.  Plus you can connect to the web were there's Wifi so I can go on facebook or check my email too!  Right now I'm readying The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Pretty Little Liars - book 2, and I read US Weekly... and can't wait to read more!






No comments:

Post a Comment