Sunday, January 2, 2011

A yummy post... Reuben Dip

Yesterday my dad's side of the family got together at my parents house to celebrate the holidays.  We weren't able to all meet on Christmas so this was our celebration.  There were no gifts involved since there were no kids under 18 there, we just got together and watched the Rose Bowl.  We brought an appetizer type dish to share and  I decided to make Reuben Dip.  I've only had it once before when someone at work brought it in.  It was so yummy and it turned out to be a big hit with my family.  I thought it was be a great recipe to share with everyone.  I hope you like it!

I doubled this recipe for yesterday's football crowd.

REUBEN DIP

  • 8 oz Corned Beef (sliced and coarsely chopped)
  • 1 cup Sauerkraut (chopped)
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese (cubed)
  • 2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
Mix all the ingredients into a crock pot and cover.  Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.  Dip will hold for about 2 hours if left on low after original cook time.  Serve with rye bread or rye/pita chips.  ENJOY!

All the swiss cheese on top before I combined it


Stirring the dip


This is about 2 hours into the cook time.  Don't forget the scrape down the sides when making this.


The aftermath in the kitchen... but it was worth it.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment