Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Winter Skin Care

As with many women, my skin is very important to me.  The women in my family have been blessed with amazing porcelain skin and I want to keep the tradition going.  I can remember my Great-Aunt Betty rubbing Vaseline on her skin ritually and her hands were the softest!  My mom uses lots of Almond Butter and has soft hands and feet and such smooth skin - she doesn't look her age at all.  I'm hoping that I keep the tradition going but I know it takes work.  In high school I would get a few break outs and do the old tooth paste trick but as an adult, I know there are better remedies out there for my age/skin and my routine has changed a lot since then.  I have sensitive skin and it's combination.  I get oily on my forehead and chin and I'm dry around my nose and mouth.  

Here's my daily skin care routine.

MORNING:
Wash my face in the shower with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit.  Twice a week I exfoliate with Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub (oil free).  After the shower, I use Yes To Cucumbers Facial Hydrating Lotion.  And then a little Chap Stick on my lips.

AFTERNOON:
When needed, I will blot with Neutrogena Oil Blotting Sheets and reapply my Chap Stick.

NIGHT:
I remove my face makeup with a Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelette and then remove the rest of my eye makeup with a cotton pad and Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover.  Next I will rinse my face with warm water and pat dray and follow it up with an even coat of Yes to Cucumbers Facial Hydrating Lotion.  If needed, I will spot check with Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel.

I hope that 40 years from now I have skin just as beautiful as my mom.  The most important thing I've learned in the last 10 years is that your skin changes with age and therefore your skin care routine has to change as well.  If you have any tips or tricks, please share them in the comments.



All my skin care routine products - you don't need to spend a lot of money to have great looking skin!





Me, my little sister, and my Mom Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment