Thursday, January 6, 2011

A yummy post... Salsa Chicken

This week has been crazy.  I have been working 9+ hours stressful days and then coming home and making dinner, doing the dishes, and folding wash.  I'm tired just looking at that list.  I wanted to give myself a break today so last night I took out my slow cooker!


I did Weight Watchers a few years ago and I got a great recipe out of it... Salsa Chicken.  I forgot to take pictures before we ate so please excuse my Tupperware.


SALSA CHICKEN
  • 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Large Jar of Salsa
  • 2 Cups of Minute Rice - follow directions for cooking
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the jar of salsa over it.  Then I put about a quarter cup of water into the jar, re-cap it, and shake the jar so the salsa from the cap and sides comes off.  I put that salsa-y water in the crock pot and put the lid on.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  When ready to serve, cook minute rice.  My hubby and I also had a little taco cheese and sour cream on top but that's up to you.  ENJOY!

This is our leftovers.  The 1 lb of chicken is usually three breasts so we have leftovers for lunch the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment